"Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Wargames que estan pegando fuerte e interesan a toda la comunidad de wargameros.

Moderador: Moderadores Wargames

nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst
STEAM: Jugador

Re: "Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Mensaje por nomada_squadman45 »

I really like a lot the scen selection screen, its very clear, spartan but even that crude style is very functional, like a military watch, maybe infantry units need be a bigger or you can show the units grouped by basic type... infantry-artillery-vehicle to made even more clear what you are going to have in the scen.

As suggestion... i dont know if is possible made like in original Steel Panthers and have scens ordered by month/year (or year/month) with something to diference between stock scens and custom scens (like a * for custom scens), and ability to filter scens by front using for example checkboxes for every front, you simple select what fronts you want see listed and they appear ordered by month/year... i think if you complete game in future with other fronts (Pacific, North Africa...) or even other wars-periods (pre WWII and post WWII) this feature help find faster the scen player is looking for.

I like a lot what i see and maybe is possible leave one door open to manage custom content :Ok:

Nice, i am curious to see the LOS took working.

Cant wait to see game moving :army:
"Non vi sed arte, No por la fuerza sino por la astucia", LRDG
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
C4nt3r
Conscript - Obergefreiter

Mensaje por C4nt3r »

JoBader escribió: 21 Mar 2020, 12:22 pantalla de selección de escenarios (en construcción)
(Y no te olvides de la lista de deseos en nuestra página de Steam: http://bit.ly/2W2pTUr)

Imagen
What is needed to enter into beta? There is something like preorder or something like that?
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

I see your late birthday present JoBader, first of all happy late birthday :Ok:

Second... when i see the planes i have in my mind something i read about Stuarts in North Africa and how they had in Tunis a happy moment rushing in a german airfield (the Dora Stuka made this come to my mind) and i remember we talk about victory points time ago... do you test something using destroy certain vehicles or terrain features (like planes) as victory conditions? this help create scens where you simple cant rush to win, you need keep alive a unit that you really need to win... a balance between expose it or not.

Imagen

Thank you and keep it moving :Ok:
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
JoBader
STEAM: No Jugador

Mensaje por JoBader »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 22 Mar 2020, 18:29 I see your late birthday present JoBader, first of all happy late birthday :Ok:

Second... when i see the planes i have in my mind something i read about Stuarts in North Africa and how they had in Tunis a happy moment rushing in a german airfield (the Dora Stuka made this come to my mind) and i remember we talk about victory points time ago... do you test something using destroy certain vehicles or terrain features (like planes) as victory conditions? this help create scens where you simple cant rush to win, you need keep alive a unit that you really need to win... a balance between expose it or not.
yes, will add some filters. good point.
need to create reinforcements on later turns.
destroy things as a victory option is a good idea.
need to create exit map points for victory purpose first.
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

C4nt3r escribió: 22 Mar 2020, 17:39
What is needed to enter into beta? There is something like preorder or something like that?
we plan a kickstarter where a steamkey can be bought.

still a lot of work:
just now I work on Reinforcements
then improving the Tank AI
then adding weapons like bazookas and more options to fire the main gun. Overheating, inaccurate fire etc.
overruning Infantry and guns.
some tecnical improvments.
improved explosions.
uploading player generated scenarios and maps to steam workshop.

your whishlist is important. I can not release when the whishlist count is lower than a certain number.
jubriqueno
Veteran - Leutnant
Veteran - Leutnant

Mensaje por jubriqueno »

JoBader escribió: 23 Mar 2020, 10:34

still a lot of work:
then adding weapons like bazookas and more options to fire the main gun. Overheating, inaccurate fire etc.
improved explosions.

your whishlist is important. I can not release when the whishlist count is lower than a certain number.
Whishlisted, I’m waiting for your game with anxiety.
C4nt3r

Mensaje por C4nt3r »

JoBader escribió: 23 Mar 2020, 10:34

still a lot of work:
improved explosions.

I wishilisted some days ago ;)
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

muchas gracias por la whislisting :aplauso:
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Thanks for take in consideration the label suggestion for scens, i think this help a lot if the number of scens avaliable start to increase a lot, in WinSP and SPMBT is a problem when a new patch adds new official maps and smash one of your custom scens, this is why i think is easier organize maps by month/year and front, not by scen name.

Nice see you have a roadmap, i feel this game needs be released to know better what players want or need, many things could improve game but a good balance between new features and new content sure help keep game in the eye of storm like add banzai charges or suicide teams, anti tank dogs, night vision systems, missiles helicopters...

Its easy add a game like this to wishlist... i added it when i knew it was ready for it :Ok:

EDIT: i see a para unit in german OOB... is this a generic type of infantry for every nation or we are going to see other specific variations of units per nation? i think in SS, guards and if we see UK and Japan .... canadians, polish, navy-army.

Imagen
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 24 Mar 2020, 00:50

EDIT: i see a para unit in german OOB... is this a generic type of infantry for every nation or we are going to see other specific variations of units per nation? i think in SS, guards and if we see UK and Japan .... canadians, polish, navy-army.
Infantry can downgrade and seldom upgrade as an efect of a fire attack
they have lines of conversion.
infantry x1 will dwongrade to x2
whike other y1 downgrade to y2
is no further downgrade possible the become disrupted
is no further upgrade possible the become fanatic
while all x and y belong to the same nation.
elite like para reacts different to that. vrews dont react.
leader get better or worse on this and can become wounded and heroic
the probability to downgrade depends on: impact of the fire attack, moral-value of infantry and
the fatigue level of the force and stars of the best (not pinned) leader in the hex. (taking his wounds into acount)

it is a very subtile system. nothing you see in other games

see numbers
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1148490/ ... 969596592/
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

I see, is going to be interesting learn and understand this, usually i am more into unit X has quality Y and fatigue reduce the quality that affect combat efficiency... or the old SP supression model to reduce the unit values.

I think best way is a tutorial or a manual with examples.

I see your reinforcements picture, nice see they are moving forward, maybe as suggestion.... the arrows are very intuitive for reinforcements but in the moment you are working to in exit points... why not use "painted hexes" i refer you can have lets see blue hexes to show your hexes and red for enemy hexes and to know if is an enter or exit hex wrote inside the hex what type is EXIT or ENTRY, of course you only can see enemy´s EXIT hexes not ENTRY hexes... even is possible with FOG ignore what are the enemy EXIT hexes... for very far future dinamic objetives could be :babas:

Imagen
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 24 Mar 2020, 23:49 I see, is going to be interesting learn and understand this, usually i am more into unit X has quality Y and fatigue reduce the quality that affect combat efficiency... or the old SP supression model to reduce the unit values.

I think best way is a tutorial or a manual with examples.

I see your reinforcements picture, nice see they are moving forward, maybe as suggestion.... the arrows are very intuitive for reinforcements but in the moment you are working to in exit points... why not use "painted hexes" i refer you can have lets see blue hexes to show your hexes and red for enemy hexes and to know if is an enter or exit hex wrote inside the hex what type is EXIT or ENTRY, of course you only can see enemy´s EXIT hexes not ENTRY hexes... even is possible with FOG ignore what are the enemy EXIT hexes... for very far future dinamic objetives could be :babas:
the impact of firepwoer is not guaranteed and is not linear. yes we need a lot of playable tutorials.
I think there will be exit hexes only for one side. not really like the idea of painting them. but I understand your point
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

Line of Sight Tool
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

I see, game is going to have some "randomize"... i think this is good to add more wargame and less chess feeling... and tutorials are going to be a great help to understand certain important areas.

Yes, is more normal only one side has exit points in a scen but is possible have a battle where one side needs scape but the other side could pursuit enemy... but this is more an extra, are other things related with victory area more important, like the win destroying objetives like airplanes in an airfield or an expecific unit.

I really like a lot the LOS tool, i think is the first one i see where you have different LOS based in the floor you are in a building :W00t: here i have a little question... is possible activate LOS tool and still do things like select units and made things with them?

Other thing i notice is the small icon under LOS buttom where you can see the type of terrain you are selection, good add :Ok:

Thank you and waiting more news about this great title :Ok:

PD: if game is wishlisted a lot... do you have in mind release an early access??? :?
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

nomada_squadman45 escribió: 26 Mar 2020, 15:43

I really like a lot the LOS tool, i think is the first one i see where you have different LOS based in the floor you are in a building :W00t: here i have a little question... is possible activate LOS tool and still do things like select units and made things with them?

PD: if game is wishlisted a lot... do you have in mind release an early access??? :?
thanks

when a unit (or units) in a hex are selected you see what they see . same way LOS tool is doing.
so no, when LOS tool is selected unity can not be selected at same time.

we will do Kickstarter then early access.
Responder