"Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Wargames que estan pegando fuerte e interesan a toda la comunidad de wargameros.

Moderador: Moderadores Wargames

nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst
STEAM: Jugador

Re: "Second Front" tactico cartoon estilo Steel Panthers

Mensaje por nomada_squadman45 »

When i see the first image of game, the panther with the windmill and german soldiers first impresion was " well, another cartoon style game that could be greate if be serious, teamfortress 2 soldiers never fight in WWII :rezar: " BUT when i made a 2nd look to the image i notice that panther was really well modeled, no cartoon style, not a super detailed and grognard model but obviously far from cartoon style, something that for me was surprising.

With this i look for info and find the web with the vehicles models and show me that outside the enviroment and soldiers look a game that offer really well done vehicles models cant be a cartoonish game in the performance.

When i started following game... well, i really discard very fast my first negative impresion, i still think in tactical games infantry units need represent individual soldiers and ammo for weapons but out of this the game is more detailed and serious compared with SP and is very rare today find games that offer more details and at least same number of content compared with their "grandfathers".

My point is that game could offer 2 faces, the vainilla face with more cartoon style that help casuals enter because "hey, this is not my grandpa game" BUT at same time made game could change face with a single buttom and show a more grognard look, more dust-mud-rust-bricks and soldiers looking like soldiers with detailed uniforms.

If you made official support to modding is possible you can center in game (new content, new features even new wars to cover) and leave made game looks like a detailed wargame to modders, for example here is a guy that made amazing great visual mods for CM, his vehicle models are :babas:

My point is dont discard the vainilla look for game BUT keep open the door to made easy introduction of mods to made your game look more like a wargame for details obsessed :mrgreen:
"Non vi sed arte, No por la fuerza sino por la astucia", LRDG
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
JoBader
Conscript - Obergefreiter
STEAM: No Jugador

Mensaje por JoBader »

ok,

estimate that I can not provide modding features at start. And I am not sure I want do that.
the vehicles are very complex objects with lots of nameing conventions, lots of additonal images etc.
lots of invisible colliders, different textures, and rughly about 40 values. from weight in tons to
the probability the crew survives and one of the 84 well definde guns.

"..more dust-mud-rust-bricks and soldiers looking like soldiers with detailed uniforms."

well, new soldiers is simply too expensive. I can not do it for a lot of reasosn.

but 'the more grognard look, more dust-mud-rust-bricks' part I can improve.

I understand you as the blank hexagons with point in center are to clean. is this right understanding ?
is there anything else looks too clean ?
however before try putting dirt on ground we will try to show tank trails and maybe fences
Stratos
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Mensaje por Stratos »

I also think as Nomada, the game looks too "CLEAN", I think that's the best word to describe it, the ground textures look like a carpet, not as a real ground, same for soldiers and vehicles. But as Nomada says, I think that can be solved with modding acces, How? Leaving the textures open and editable so users can paint their own textures in game, detailing vehicles trough paiting, painting more realistic uniforms and adding ground deep to the ground/building textures, etc. You don't need to leave open acces to vehicle values or game core files, not even the 3d files, all that can be locked, simply keep the textures editable for the player. My 2 cents.
Última edición por Stratos el 05 Dic 2019, 15:38, editado 3 veces en total.
-Los pilotos de caza hacen películas.
-Los de ataque hacen historia!

Imagen
DesertRat

Mensaje por DesertRat »

Que morro tenéis.

Menudo pedazo de Videojuego está haciendo este Señor y ya empieza la gente con desvaríos en sus comentarios.

Yo éste lo pienso comprar seguro. Es de lo poquísimo que me da ganas de jugar. El combat mission no es otra cosa que rejillas que no se ven. Y en este sí. Ojala lo haga WeGo y de toda la guerra, especialmente para darle a Battlefront en la Boca.

Thank You very Much for the Game and for Info Mr. Designer. Keep It Up. It's a winner Game. :aplauso: :palomitas:
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

Stratos escribió: 05 Dic 2019, 15:34 I also think as Nomada, the game looks too "CLEAN", I think that's the best word to describe it, the ground textures look like a carpet, not as a real ground, same for soldiers and vehicles. But as Nomada says, I think that can be solved with modding acces, How? Leaving the textures open and editable so users can paint their own textures in game, detailing vehicles trough paiting, painting more realistic uniforms and adding ground deep to the ground/building textures, etc. You don't need to leave open acces to vehicle values or game core files, not even the 3d files, all that can be locked, simply keep the textures editable for the player. My 2 cents.
sorry but that will not work, even we can rughly not change the uniforms
textures are mapped with substance painter. and there is also an occlusion texture and a metalic map.
texture on ground is also mapped on a hextile. when changing that to what ever it will imediatly look super ugly
it is possible to make in game changes. the scenario editor can provide options for that.
and I can put 3d grass or little 3d bricks on ground.
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

DesertRat escribió: 05 Dic 2019, 15:35

Thank You very Much for the Game and for Info Mr. Designer. Keep It Up. It's a winner Game. :aplauso: :palomitas:
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

I see, then is more complex the modding part compared with games like CM (i think in the classic serie)... when i talk about modding i refer to textures and similar, no touch data.

Terrain... well, is not bad at all if you think in game like in a boardgame but are boardgames with great terrain look, in PC for example we have "L&L Heroes of Stalingrad" or original "Close Combat" series, they are in real time and sometimes is frustrating play them but the maps... what beatifull detailled maps OLALA!!! of course i think in the maps from mods, vainilla maps are less detailed and ugly in general even when Matrix reworks are very well done on this area.

I dont have problem in pay for expand game content if value-price of new content is well balanced, for example if you add full Pacific in a single block and early war (39-41) with new nations (Poland, Finland, France, UK...) i really like help with my money buying them but i prefer you focus in this area and leave all freedom possible to modders that could made your game looks in a way you never expected and more options to adapt visual part to player, more options to sell the game.

Thanks for the reply and good luck, keep it moving forward :Ok:

PD: que le vamos a hacer chicos, somos wargameros de pro, tenemos mas vicio que una puerta vieja :mrgreen:
"Lo mejor en la vida es estar borracho, y lo segundo mejor es estar salido" Tyrion Lannister, Poeta.
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

I understand you as the blank hexagons with point in center are to clean.
is there anything (not soliders) else looks too clean ?
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Maybe a little buildings but when you add destruction over them (even when are not fire damage and fire ) and introduce damage in the map, game looks less "clean" and made it looks more... serious.

For me the game as is now is pretty and looks great BUT give the impresion of be... excesive clean, dont understand me bad the aspect is great but could use a more "realistic" terrain and soldiers-vehicles textures increase inmersion and made you can play (with sound ambientation) inside the map.

Is a question of taste, i can like a clean game and oposite depends a lot of what i want in certain moment.

But i prefer you release the game with all features working, bug free as is possible, and you keep working in new content over you focus in improve realistic look of game using textures.
Piteas
Support-PdL
Support-PdL
Contactar:

Mensaje por Piteas »

This game has already 20 pages in this forum of wargamers... Before the release!
I dunno in other forums, but in this one it is obvious that it will be a success :Ok:

Be careful with Nomada, he´s the typical picky gronard requiring more realistic german pupils in the SS soldiers :P
Imagen ImagenImagen
Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

Imagen

the snow the gras and the ugly dirt
JoBader

Mensaje por JoBader »

and thank you all for your help
DesertRat

Mensaje por DesertRat »

You are Welcome.

I await Second Front with real interest.

Thanks to You.

Battlefront have to learn from Devs like You. :Ok:
nomada_squadman45
Crack - Oberst
Crack - Oberst

Well, i prefer a solid game over graphics with nothing behind... but wargamers allways want more... after see and play Wartile i discover is possible play over dioramas in a tactical game and this is :babas:

I like the look of the game and is a lot more than you can find in other games released and to come.

But i cant say you ignore details... last adds looks amazing!!!! only bad thing i really can say about game is why is not in our HDs from yesterday... outside we allways want more content and sure when we have the game we are going to ask for new nations, fronts, wars.... :mrgreen:

Señores, tenemos cascos, carteles y relojes... aparte de poder aplastar peligrosisimos carros de paja :W00t:

https://www.facebook.com/SecondFrontDev ... 915718067/

Imagen

Imagen
DesertRat

Mensaje por DesertRat »

I want be BetaTester!! Off Course. II
Responder